- Patient complaints should be seen as part of the commitment to monitor & improve practice
- In the first instance the complaint should be dealt with by Ann McDonald, Practice Manager.
- She will acknowledge the complaint, responding initially by telephone & then in writing within 2 working days (explaining how the complaint will be dealt with & the anticipated timetable of response).
- This gives the practice an opportunity to acknowledge & accept the patient’s perception of the problem & to express understanding &
- Allow for prompt & thorough investigation of the complaint, aiming to complete the whole procedure within TEN working days.
- The outcome will be confirmed in writing.